This is one of my favorite daily practices (shocking right?) and it has helped me immensely on my spiritual, personal and professional development. I leave my card out on a little stand on my altar (my power space). This way I am reminded of its message during the course of the day. This helps me focus, find comfort, reflect and make the most of every day. Maybe it will give you some joy as well? This is my suggestion on how you can do it, please know that you can do this in your own unique way! Have fun 💚
This is how you can practice “Card of the Day”:
- Cleanse/ clear your cards first. It is many ways of doing this, my favourite way is to “knock the cards”: Hold the card deck in you non dominant hand and give them a gentle but also firm knock with your dominant hand. Remember: intention is the most important ingredient here. So, no matter what method you choose, have the intention that you are clearing the cards of old and stale energies.
- Then, hold your card deck close to your heart and thank it for providing you it’s wisdom and support. Then you can ask it the question you might have for this day. Make it easy, for example: “What do I need to know today?”, “Show me what I need to know right here and now”, or “How can I make this day as positive as possible?”. Try to vary a bit to feel what is right for you.
- After you have asked the question(s), shuffle the cards. Shuffle as long as it feels comfortable for you. Follow your intuition. If a card “jumps” out while you shuffle, you can of course use that as the card of the day. If no card jumps you pull a card when you feel ready.
- Use some time to look at the card, observe it. What is the first thoughts, feelings or other sensations that come to you (your intuitive messages)? Often, the first thoughts, feelings, colours, persons, and words that come to you is the core of your message and you will somehow just know what kind of theme, relation or issue it is for. Take some notes and make sure to thank the card for its message.
- After you have done this intuitive work, you can have a glance at the sheets in this handout. What kind of key words, sentences, elements, and numerology meaning goes with the card you pulled? Take some more notes if you like and see if they have any correspondence with your intuitive information. Often this is very connected.
- Display the card on you altar/ power space, desk, or some other place where you will see it again during the day. Then the card will function as a reminder. Reflect in the evening how the card of the day has maybe given you insights and support for the day.
Most importantly: have fun with your cards!