Where to start when your soul wants “more” than what “normal” life can give you?
When you start your spiritual journey it is most likely because you have a yearning for something “more”. Maybe you want to go deeper in both the mysteries of your soul and the universe or simply find more peace and flow. In my opinion, and experience, the way to reach and grasp this wisdom is to dive into a daily spiritual practice. You don’t need to exactly the same practices every day, but setting aside time to “feed” your soul every day with some kind of practice, will eventually give you the “more” you long for.
Many possibilities (thankfully)
There are many different activities and habits you can do to live a spiritual life with more flow, love and meaning. which really is a good thin, because we are all different and need to find our own unique path.
Here are my top ten activities and examples that you can check out:
- Meditation. This is, in my opinion, the most important and effective daily practices you can have. With meditation you can really get into the depths of your soul , body and the universe. Try to meditate every day, both morning and night if you can. Just a couple of minutes will really give big health benefits! I meditate every morning in the weekdays and whenever I can in the weekend. Be flexible and kind to yourself. As my favorite meditation teacher, davidji, says: the only bad meditation you do is the one you don’t even try.
- Protect your energy. Have a daily little ritual where you cleanse, focus, ground and protect your energy. Intention is everything, just try different techniques.
- Be grateful. Use gratefulness as active tool to both turn around negative thoughts, manifest and to simply feel better.
- Honour Nature. Thank Mother Nature, your body and all that exist on this planet everyday. Follow the seasons with compassion, presence and joy. Let sorting rubbish be a part of your everyday and do your bit to help Mother Earth.
- Manifest your dreams. have a daily routine where you sit and wish. Really get into a visualization and feel on your body how it would be if all of your wildest dreams and goals (both material, practical and spiritual).
- Pull a daily oracle- or tarot card. This is one of my favourite practices (shocking?). Pulling a daily card gives you heaps of support, focus and hopefully joy. You can read this article on how you can practice this here.
- Take care of your body. This is so incredible important. To be spiritual does not only include meditation, chanting and tarot cards. It is also about keeping your soul temple in good shape. Take walks in the woods, eat nutritious food (and some sweets now and again), do yoga, get enough sleep, have “down time” and drink lots of water.
- Follow the natural phases of the moon. To follow the phases of the moon will give you more flow and joy in your everyday. This is my experience! I highly recommend the Moonology teachings that astrologer Yasmin Boland gives on this subject.
- Ask your angels and fairies for help and support. Don’t be afraid to ask for help from your angels and fairies. The really enjoy helping you. Ask if they can show their help through oracle- or tarot cards, or maybe by showing you signs in your dreams. I daily thank my angels and fairies for help and guidance during my morning ritual followed by meditation.
- Fuel your soul with knowledge. read, do courses, join a community and watch movies that fuel your soul. This will boost your spiritualty and consciousness.
Try different exercises and see what fits you, swap around if you like!
These are my top 10 suggestions on how you can manage your daily spiritual practice. Some of these might not ignite a spark right away. Don’t give up, give it some time and try different techniques to find your perfect practice. You can also change your practice according to the seasons. Maybe you can meditate longer in the winter, and practice more yoga in the summer? This is your journey and within you is all the power and wisdom you need to find your unique and wonderful perfect practice.
Love and light from Ragna 🧙♀️